News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Broken leg? Or fixable?

Started by alexdecker, April 18, 2015, 05:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexdecker

Hi guys

So this happened to one of my Rhodes legs. I don't know how thought. Is it possible to fix? Has any of you tried it?

Or is it a new leg for me?

– Alex

timpotent

I fixed it with Epoxy 2K glue (you have to mix these 2 things yourself) and it will never fall apart again.
No need to buy a whole new leg ...

Peter Hayes

I've used J-B Weld for this a couple of times with good results.
Peter Hayes
Electronic Edge
http://www.elecedge.com
937-767-7174

alexdecker

Thanks! Will glue really hold this together well? I mean, the legs are under a lot of strain, I am assuming? But maybe they were glued together from the factory to begin with?

– Alex

squarebubble

Epoxy resins are used in the aerospace sector. If it's strong enough for panel bonding in aircraft, it will easily hold your leg together. Any brand will do as long as it comes in 2 tubes; one is the resin and the other the hardener. Just mix them 1-to-1, apply and within hours your leg will be as good as new!

camaro guy

I bought a 76 Stage model where someone had carefully yanked all four legs off the end caps by rocking them back and forth until they were so loose that they fell out.  My machine shop guy got them back to the right size by squeezing them in a lathe collet (neat trick!) and when the caps fit snugly, he ran a TIG weld bead around the perimeter.