Author Topic: vibrato-4pin din  (Read 3973 times)

Offline jim

• Mark I
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/cyberjimpatterson
vibrato-4pin din
« on: May 27, 2004, 07:30:56 PM »
hello. i'm jim.
i just got me a Mk1 88 with legs. i'm quite certain it's a suitcase though, cuz it says suitcase under the cover. And i've been looking all over this great site for a suitcase rhodes with the same vibrato knobs as mine, but the only picture i've seen with exactly the same controls as my rhodes is that satellite thing.
and all i Really want to do is use the vibrato, and if i can't use it in the original manner, how can gain access to all it's fender rhodes beauty? does it just need power?

Offline jim

• Mark I
    • View Profile
4-pin
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 09:11:18 PM »
well jim it looks like yr stuffed, either you find a suitcase speaker and cables, or satellite speakers (which you cant fit in yr car anyway) or theres no vibrato (tremelo) for you.
i think cae sound makes a thingo for five pin din models, but not four pin.
have you ever tried a casio? they're very light. you could walk to the gig if you played one of those. why on earth did you get 88 keys anyway!?
you never play those notes...
Or maybe you could get one of those keytars, you know with the pitch bend in yr left hand and really fast licks in yr right hand. A red one would be real cool, but you don't know any licks do you. You should check out some jamie aebersold stuff.

Fred

4 pin power supply
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 01:11:32 PM »
speakeasy vintage music does make a 4 pin power supply. Make sure the cable you have is round on both ends, or you will have to buy a cable from them too. Then, you can run one amp for mono vibrato, or two amps for the stereo suitcase sound.

Offline jim

• Mark I
    • View Profile
vibrato-4pin din
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 03:33:55 AM »
yeah and cae music does it by converting four pin to five pin. and i'm thinking this is great, but then i realized that this is all American gear, and i'm in Australia, so i would have problems with plugging it into my power socket.
if only i knew where my suitcase rhodes' original speaker was. i wonder if it's still alive? alone in a shed crying cause it's lost it's keys. and it has all this vibrato potential that it cannot use! man that's sad. i bet it thinks back to the good times, when they were together and hopefully appreciated by a cool musician.

peteburck

Rhodes Powersupply
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 01:41:26 AM »
:?:Hlep
I there a schematic available for building a +/- 15v power supply for the Rhodes. I know I can buy the unit but I am cheep and love adventure. I've looked at the Janus I schematic and it seems I can build this preamp but I can't figure what transformer to use.

Offline cpeckham

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Re: vibrato-4pin din
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 09:47:44 PM »
Quote from: "jim"
hello. i'm jim.
i just got me a Mk1 88 with legs. i'm quite certain it's a suitcase though, cuz it says suitcase under the cover. And i've been looking all over this great site for a suitcase rhodes with the same vibrato knobs as mine, but the only picture i've seen with exactly the same controls as my rhodes is that satellite thing.
and all i Really want to do is use the vibrato, and if i can't use it in the original manner, how can gain access to all it's fender rhodes beauty? does it just need power?

Hi Jim I see you are in melbourne.

Can't help you but wonder If you can help me ??
I am from Sydney and need a multi-pin cable for a Rhodes 73 the suitcase amp.
Colin

Offline jim

• Mark I
    • View Profile
cable
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 11:42:50 PM »
naa sorry i aint got no cable.i'm real good at getting tremelo to work without the original rhodes speaker though.
there are always cables on ebay, but i reckon if you search more you'll get something not original for cheaper. cause all you really need is a way of connecting four or five wires at once.. and rhodes is not the only thing in the world that does that.