Author Topic: "Help a guitarist" What effects are used in this rhodes recording?  (Read 677 times)

Offline add4

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Hello all

I'm looking to replicate the kind of tones that Jozef Dumoulin uses in these videos, on guitar. i really love his use of effects here

[MEDIA=youtube]id=-yFP0WHb-s0;m=21;s=10[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]id=-yFP0WHb-s0;m=20;s=36[/MEDIA]

i'm really looking for these high pitched resonant 'bell tones', the attack, and the strange effect that happens on longer notes, as if the pitch was going down in a strange way.

So what i hear here is:base tone: light OD, ring mod, delay.
But i have no idea about what's happening with the 'organic modulation' that sometimes happen on longer notes .. i have no idea if its a modulation or something else, but it sounds like the note pitch is going downwards, and also the attack is strange, like as if the sound was from a pitch tracked and it lost the tracking somehow... i can'tr even describe that

from pics, i think he's playing with a roland multi effect that is used for ring mod, DL4, kaoss pad (maybe that's the strange effects here)

I don't know rhodes well enough to know what part of that sound comes from the rhodes and what comes from the effects..

Can you help ? :)

Thanks

Offline Tim Hodges

• Vendor
  • Mark II
  • Tim
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: "Help a guitarist" What effects are used in this rhodes recording?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 04:38:15 AM »
Jozef Dumoulin - A Fender Rhodes Solo - The Entry Point (Sounds like the background is being played back in reverse) and there's overdrive on the solo.

Jozef Dumoulin - A Fender Rhodes Solo - Inner White
Bristol Electric Piano
UK

Facebook
YouTube
Reverb.com