News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Proper Ground (grey wires) for Wurlitzer 200

Started by Allenm, March 15, 2017, 12:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allenm

Hi, I noticed something today. As I was playing my wurly my friend came into my room and turned on the lights and somehow it affected my wurlitzer by creating an electrical pop sound. This wasnt happening before I worked on my piano. Does anyone know what may cause it?

I noticed that some of my grey wires are missing. Actually, on the treble side back and front there should be a grey cable connecting the reed bar to the amplifier. Well the back treble side is missing the cable but still has the ring around it. weird.

Oregone

It sounds like a grounding issue in the piano, and possibly your room wiring/fixtures.
1962 Hammond M3, 1958 Hammond M3, Hybrind SS Leslie, Leslie 22H, Korg SV-1, 1978 Rhodes MK1 Suitcase, 1970 Wurlitzer 200, Roland VK8. Yamaha MO6, Leslie, Roland Amps, Fender tube amps, recording room etc.

pianotuner steveo

Have you checked your electrical outlet to be sure that it is properly ground? There are inexpensive testers that have lights that plug into outlets that tell you if the outlet is wired properly by turning on different lights in the tester. A 3 prong, properly grounded outlet usually cuts down on these issues. I've added the ground wire to early 2 prong models and attached the wire to the outlet cover screw, which is also ground, and it helped a lot.
1960 Wurlitzer model 700 EP
1968 Gibson G101 Combo organ
1975 Rhodes Piano Bass
1979 Wurlitzer 206A EP
1980 Wurlitzer 270 Butterfly Grand
2009 73A Rhodes Mark 7
2009 Korg SV-1 73
2017 Yamaha P255
2020 Kawai CA99
....and a few guitars...