Author Topic: Wurlitzer???  (Read 4918 times)

Offline mbgitw2007

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer???
« on: December 18, 2005, 11:28:51 AM »
I have been looking around for reasonable wurlitzer electric piano. I've have only seen a few, but they were used and I want a brand new one.

Does anybody know a good website where I can look for one?
"Never underestimate the power of hard work."
                                                        -Lellow-

Offline Ben

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer???
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 03:39:04 AM »
As far as I know, Wurlitzers (like a Rhodes) were manufactured about 20 or more years ago, and it's almost impossible to buy a brand new one... I've seen only "Brand New Fender Rhodes Mark V" on ebay - but it came from 1980 (?) and was still in a box... so I don't think that the brand new Wurlitzer is available now. But I may be wrong...

Regards
Ben
'81 Rhodes Suitcase 73

Yanagisawa T991 tenor sax

Offline j_tour

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer???
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 03:55:42 PM »
A brand new Wurlitzer??!!!  Good luck!   :shock:  Ben's right -- there's no such animal.  There's a very slight chance that you could build one up from the ground using NOS parts from Morelock's and other collectors/servicers.

Maybe you mean a "mint" old one?  Even relative junkers go for an amazing amount of $$$ on E-Bay -- seriously.  I don't get it either.  I've no doubt you could restore just about any Wurlitzer to "like new" condition, with much patience and money for spare parts.

Offline mbgitw2007

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer???
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 07:06:35 PM »
Okay, so I'll have no luck!  :roll: Where can I find a mint condition one?
"Never underestimate the power of hard work."
                                                        -Lellow-

Offline j_tour

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer???
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 11:10:49 PM »
Possibly E-bay; local music stores; the Yahoo Wurlitzer Elec Piano group; classifieds.  

You could buy a fully-restored model from Speakeasyvintagemusic, I think -- I'm sure it will be breathtakingly expensive, but probably one of the very best you could find, short of being lucky.

I found a 200A on the sidewalk on trash day -- no legs, no pedal, but you never know what you'd find in your hometown.

Offline Siliquofera

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer???
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 11:36:05 PM »
You can try vintagevibe.com out of New Jersey.  They can get you a refurbished 200A with legs and pedal for somewhere around $1500 USD. Check out thier website. Probably the best place to find a reliable Wurly.

Offline piano ma'am

• Sparkletop
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer???
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »
:shock:

You found a Wurly on the side of the road on TRASH DAY??

Off with his head!!!!

(The trashers head..)

:D