Author Topic: 1971 Fender Rhodes Stage Mark I 73 with Dyno My Piano mod  (Read 903 times)

Offline amc3

• View Profile
1971 Fender Rhodes Stage Mark I 73 with Dyno My Piano mod
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
Hi folks!

I'm selling a very nice 1971 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73, with the complete Dyno My Piano Pro Piano modification.

Dyno mod includes AC adaptor, though it also runs on two 9V batteries. Also includes classic "chop top" lid, so that it's easy to put another keyboard on top of the Rhodes.

Not sure why the front rail name plate is from a later year than the 1971 insides. Presumably happened as part of the addition of the Dyno mod.

Includes all legs and pedal with rod. I bought it at Rocker Guitars in San Francisco circa 2005 or 2006. They said that they had "found it on the street in front of the store". Piano was voiced by Matt Cunitz (vintagekeyboardrepair.com) around 2006.Piano spent most of the last 12 years in my homes in SF and Brooklyn.

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/EitPH

Video of the piano being played: https://youtu.be/J2cqxjj88C8

Asking $2200 or best offer. Local pickup in Brooklyn, NY
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:02:03 AM by amc3 »

Offline Student Rhodes

• Mark I
    • View Profile
Re: 1971 Fender Rhodes Stage Mark I 73 with Dyno My Piano mod
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »
I suppose I've never considered myself a big fan of the Dyno sound, but I really enjoyed the sound of your piano. 
The notes have lots of clarity, which sometimes is just what you want.  Lots of top end and still plenty of bottom roundness.
I'm sure much of it is voicing and eq, but if I were to guess, it's the early tines that are a big part of why this piano doesn't sound like breaking glass to my ears.
As far as the mismatch, the simplest answer may be that someone a hold of a rail from a later MK I that had been Dyno'd and put it on your '71.  It's such an easy swap.  One never knows these days what's happened to so many forty+ year old instruments.  Many are Franken-Rhodes at this point.
That's a later damper pedal as well.
Sounds nice...
Ray

Offline amc3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:55:16 AM »
Thanks Ray!

The piano is still for sale in Brooklyn. Dropped it down to $2300 or best offer.

Offline amc3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:01:49 AM »
Still for sale. Now asking $2200.

Offline amc3

• View Profile