Author Topic: Wurlitzer 200A no audio from speakers but Aux out works  (Read 54 times)

Offline Tonewheel

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer 200A no audio from speakers but Aux out works
« on: May 15, 2018, 12:22:22 AM »
I was hoping that someone could help me with this problem. I took the EP to a technician to look at my PCB. He found several cold solders, which may have accounted for some blown fuses. He installed my Variable Vibe from Retrolinear at the same time. He now tells me that there is audio from the auxiliary out but cannot determine why there is no audio to the speakers.

He has traced the signal path along the wires to the speakers, and this appears intact.

He no longer wants to work on the board. My understanding from an old thread is that any of the transistors 9, 10, 12 or 14 could be the culprit. Any advice would be much appreciated. It may be that I should replace the board with the Retrolinear model, rather than encountering future similar problems.

Thanks.

1955 B3, Leslie 21H and 147. Hammond 100 with weird Leslie 205. 1976 Rhodes. Wurlitzer 200A. Yamaha DX7/TX7. Korg M1. Yamaha C3 grand, 67 Tele blond neck, Les Paul Standard, PRS 24, Gibson classical electric, Breedlove acoustic electric, Strat, P Bass, Rogers drum kit, Roland TD 12 digital drums, Apollo quad, older blackfaced Fender Twin, other amps, mics and bits and pieces cluttering up the "studio."

Offline Tim Hodges

• Vendor
  • Mark I
  • Tim
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Wurlitzer 200A no audio from speakers but Aux out works
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 05:47:04 AM »
If you decide to have it worked on by another tech a good source for those transistors is bustedgear.com

$17 for the set:

http://www.bustedgear.com/part_transistor.html
Bristol Electric Piano
UK

Facebook
YouTube
Reverb.com

Offline Tonewheel

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Re: Wurlitzer 200A no audio from speakers but Aux out works
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »
This is very helpful, Tim. Looks like a very good price.

There is an art to soldering, and I need to learn the art. (I burnt part of a trace recently). Until then, I will try to find another tech interested in tackling the board.

Thanks.

Dave

1955 B3, Leslie 21H and 147. Hammond 100 with weird Leslie 205. 1976 Rhodes. Wurlitzer 200A. Yamaha DX7/TX7. Korg M1. Yamaha C3 grand, 67 Tele blond neck, Les Paul Standard, PRS 24, Gibson classical electric, Breedlove acoustic electric, Strat, P Bass, Rogers drum kit, Roland TD 12 digital drums, Apollo quad, older blackfaced Fender Twin, other amps, mics and bits and pieces cluttering up the "studio."