News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Wurlitzer???

Started by mbgitw2007, December 18, 2005, 11:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgitw2007

I have been looking around for reasonable wurlitzer electric piano. I've have only seen a few, but they were used and I want a brand new one.

Does anybody know a good website where I can look for one?
"Never underestimate the power of hard work."
                                                       -Lellow-

Ben

As far as I know, Wurlitzers (like a Rhodes) were manufactured about 20 or more years ago, and it's almost impossible to buy a brand new one... I've seen only "Brand New Fender Rhodes Mark V" on ebay - but it came from 1980 (?) and was still in a box... so I don't think that the brand new Wurlitzer is available now. But I may be wrong...

Regards
Ben
'81 Rhodes Suitcase 73

Yanagisawa T991 tenor sax

j_tour

A brand new Wurlitzer??!!!  Good luck!   :shock:  Ben's right -- there's no such animal.  There's a very slight chance that you could build one up from the ground using NOS parts from Morelock's and other collectors/servicers.

Maybe you mean a "mint" old one?  Even relative junkers go for an amazing amount of $$$ on E-Bay -- seriously.  I don't get it either.  I've no doubt you could restore just about any Wurlitzer to "like new" condition, with much patience and money for spare parts.

mbgitw2007

Okay, so I'll have no luck!  :roll: Where can I find a mint condition one?
"Never underestimate the power of hard work."
                                                       -Lellow-

j_tour

Possibly E-bay; local music stores; the Yahoo Wurlitzer Elec Piano group; classifieds.  

You could buy a fully-restored model from Speakeasyvintagemusic, I think -- I'm sure it will be breathtakingly expensive, but probably one of the very best you could find, short of being lucky.

I found a 200A on the sidewalk on trash day -- no legs, no pedal, but you never know what you'd find in your hometown.

Siliquofera

You can try vintagevibe.com out of New Jersey.  They can get you a refurbished 200A with legs and pedal for somewhere around $1500 USD. Check out thier website. Probably the best place to find a reliable Wurly.

piano ma'am

:shock:

You found a Wurly on the side of the road on TRASH DAY??

Off with his head!!!!

(The trashers head..)

:D