Author Topic: Wurlitzer 140b  (Read 286 times)

Offline Jabvocals

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Wurlitzer 140b
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »
Hello to all. Long time musician here who has recently aquired a wurlitzer 140b. My uncle owned this for well over 20 years and at one time it was all complete. However lost the original pedal and key lid cover. It is in amazing condition. I do have the original bench and legs. It fires right up and all keys play in tune and sounds amazing. Oh and original power cord missing. I had make one. It does have slight hum. I have lots of pics and took some interior pics also. Super clean inside and out with few super minor nicks on outside of piano. Trying to figure out what a fair price would be to find it a new good home for it? Thanks and any insight would be appreciated.

Offline alenhoff

• Mark I
    • View Profile
Re: Wurlitzer 140b
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 10:06:17 PM »
Prices for many vintage keyboards tend to be erratic, but I'd expect that yours (assuming it's in the US) would fetch maybe $1,100 to $1,500. I'm assuming that "slight hum" isn't too bad, but that at its age, it needs some skilled electronic and mechanical tech work to make it sound and play its best.  You might be at the high end of the range if you are willing to ship it or you live near major music centers  (like NYC, LA).  Figure less than that range if you are in a hurry to sell it, or if you want to sell it locally in an area without a large, active music community. 

Alan
1974 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73
1972 Rhodes Silver Sparkletop Piano Bass
1978 Hohner Clavinet D6
1968 Hohner Pianet N II
1966 Wurlitzer 140B
1967 Gibson G101 combo organ
1965 UK Vox Continental
1954 Hammond B2; Leslie 21H; Leslie 31H
1977 Fender Twin Reverb
Vox AD100VT Valvetronix modeling amp
(SEE THE COLLECTION: https://vintagerockkeyboards.wordpress.com/ )

Offline Jabvocals

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:14:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply. That is pretty much what i was thinking it would be worth with the little bit of research i was able to do on it. And yes i am in spokane washington. And i would not mind shipping it if it was a state fairly close to me. I talkedto a fed ex store and they said they would have to pack it and ship it in order to fully insure it! And they said about 300 to pack and ship to california. So im thinking i would like to get 1200 plus whatever shipping cost? And yes the hum is slight and from what i have read. Normal? I just thought maybe it was because i made my own cord.it plays real nice! I am a singer/drummer but can play few things on piano. And as far as tune and sound. Super sweet!!! Would love to keep it and give to my daughter so some day she could take lessons and have a cool vintage piano. But i would rather it not sit around for 15 more years.i want it to go to a new loving home!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:34:55 PM by Jabvocals »

Offline Jabvocals

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 09:55:20 PM »
I just posted the 140b under the for sale section of the forum!!

Offline Jabvocals

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »
Clean wurlitzer 140b in exellent condition. In tune. Plays very nice. Original condition. 900.00 plus any shipping and packing fees!