News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Fender Rhodes Electric Piano / Early MK1 curiosities
Last post by btfnk - Yesterday at 12:41:45 AM
I recently picked up a MK1 Stage dated 39 72. I've owned a late model 77 MK1 and an MK2 but this is my first early model MK1. I've started doing some basic adjustments and planning restorative fixes (grommet and screws pack is in the mail). I'm finding I have a fair amount of questions and curiosities about it.

I was surprised to find the key pedestal has a wood bump. Is this the standard pedestal shape for 72? I thought they were normally flat during this period. The keys are also hollow.

The namerail has unfortunately been drilled for either a preamp of some sort (which didn't come with it) or someone once upon a time wanted to mount their output on the right side perhaps? It also has a hole in the center under the logo. If anyone has any insight into why those mods would have been made, I'm very interested to know more.
Does anyone have a picture they can send me?
I have a Valente electric piano which combines a simplified action with reeds and passive magnetic pickups. The action is adapted from a hammer-action keybed designed for digital pianos - each key has a couple of extra levers, one for the hammer and the other for the damper, both activated by the existing dummy hammer.
UPDATE: Almost 4 years later and I'm still loving this piano. The samples are about the best I've ever heard, and are very customizable. You can even save sounds to use on specific songs if you want. I only wish that it had more orchestra sounds, and a Hohner Pianet. You can customize the Wurli sound to make it Hohner-like, but you can still hear the difference.
It has uprights, several grands, clav, CP80, several Hammond presets,harpsichords, Wurli and Rhodes, almost anything you would want, and the action feels like an acoustic piano. It even has a touch adjustment with 4 levels.
Sorry I'm just seeing this now. Did you find the issue? Was it a missing felt piece?
If anyone here has a photo of the piano end of the butterfly grand pedal assembly, please PM me, or attach photo here.  I have a buyer for my piano, but I still can't attach the pedal. It has been like this ever since I bought it, the person I bought the piano from claimed they knew nothing about the problem.

Please see the old thread titled "270 Butterfly Grand" started by Steveno. (that's not me) I have a detailed explanation of the issue, plus Cormac attached a photo of my pedal rod end on that thread to help show the issue better.

Thanks in advance. Buyer is picking up the piano this weekend.
The Wurlitzer Electric Piano / Re: 270 Butterfly Grand
Last post by pianotuner steveo - May 13, 2024, 02:56:42 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I still can not connect the pedal to the 270, and I have a buyer for the piano. The nut at the top of the piano is not the same thread size as the internal pedal connection, plus, it does not reach the piano. I bought a piece to extend the internal piano rod, but there is still no way to attach it to the pedal rod. They are TWO DIFFERENT thread sizes. I did not realize that when I bought the extension part.  I would need a piece about 2" long that is 1/4" male on one end and 7/16" male on the other end! I don't think there is such thing. Or, a piece that is about 3" long that is 7/16" male on one end and 1/4-20  female on the other end.

Does anyone have a photo of what the end of the pedal rod is supposed to look like on a 270?
I don't know if Morelock's is still around, but when I called them several years ago, they had no idea what I was talking about .

Thank you to Cormac for adding my picture below. As you can see, the rod does not extend beyond the wood. The rod is all the way up on the pedal end, plus the nut is 7/16"  instead of 1/4". Even  if I could swap the  attached nut for a 1/4"", it's still not long enough. I can't slide a 1/4" up the rod  because of the intentional bends in the rod. Does anyone have any ideas?
The Wurlitzer Electric Piano / Re: Wurli line out
Last post by bugjobsoofusbrain - May 09, 2024, 01:49:23 PM
i know this a suuper old thread but if maestro or anyone had any info on how to do this bypass mod id be forever grateful.
The Wurlitzer Electric Piano / Re: Wulri jack springs
Last post by pianotuner steveo - May 06, 2024, 06:23:00 PM
I'm not sure why you replied to a post from 13 years ago, but after saying it's inaccurate, you basically agreed with me.... if the springs are broken,weak, or missing, the Jack can't return to its original position, which is necessary to "support the hammer" as you said. I said nothing about adjusting the Letoff if the springs are not functioning properly.
I found the answer. Service manual was no help.

They are all SAE bolts, 2 different sizes. The 3 for the pedal are 1/4" x 1 1/4"

The 6 for the legs are 3/8" x 1 1/2". I hope this helps others.